Monday, March 21, 2011

Weirdos

Monday...yuck!  I don't like Mondays, like at all...I miss my husband on Mondays, everybody and their mom has a dire eyeball emergency on Mondays and I have to deal with them, and I'm just generally in a bad mood on Mondays.  I had a glorious weekend again, so I can't complain about that.  I did a lot of reading outside on my porch in the beautiful warm weather, David and I walked to a little downtown icecream shop, we had a cookout with friends...all good things, and then Monday comes around and the goodness of the weekend is suddenly erased.

I'm grouchy today I guess.

I heard back about the job (finally) but it wasn't great news.  I didn't get it, but on the up side it's not because of me, it's because I work for a company that does a lot of referrals to the company I interviewed with and they didn't want any "bad blood" between them because of me.  Surprisingly I'm not as broken up about it as I thought I would be...I mean honestly, it was just a step up from a job that I really don't like in the first place, so once that honeymoon phase was over I'd be miserable again.  I need to find a job that I LOVE, although I'm not quite sure what that might be...besides being a bum and reading book after book and watching YouTube beauty videos.  I have been searching for what it is that I would truly enjoy as my profession since high school and I still haven't found it...I feel like a lost little girl when it comes to what I want to be when I grow up...and I'm 25, so you would think I'd know by now.  I need to find what it is I'm passionate about, and make that my vocation...the trick is finding what I'm passionate about, which you would think would be obvious, but it's not.  I'm passionless.  I take that back, because I love being a wife, and I would love love love to be able to take care of our home because it seriously gets put on the backburner more than it should until both David and I are frustrated with the state of our home and each other for not having the time to clean it up except for weekends which is when we want to do nothing and relax and wind down from the week and...yeah.  That job doesn't pay the bills though...so the search continues I guess.

My parent's 29th wedding anniversary was yesterday, and I called my mom to wish them a happy anniversary and we got to talking about how strange our family is.  I have two sets of grandparents, both of which have been married for 50+ years, my parents have been married for 29 years, and all of their brothers and sisters have been married for a lot of years too...with no divorces ANYWHERE in my immediate family tree.  We are the "typical" family except that the "typical" famly isn't at all "typical", so I guess that just makes us weird.  Now granted, I am the oldest of all of my cousins and the very first to be married, so you never know what might happen when all of my cousins grow up and get married themselves...however, we were raised with strong Christian values and we have great examples of successful marriages all around us, so honestly I think we will continue the tradition that my grandparents started.  Just another reason that I love my family, and I miss seeing that big old bunch of weirdos...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment