Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A day to myself, and other happy news...

Guess who doesn't have work today?  This girl!  That's right, one glorious day away from my boss and coworkers and grumpy patients because the boss is out of town, and with no doctor there really is no use for the rest of us to be at work!  And, don't get me wrong I love my husband dearly, but I rarely get the whole apartment to myself without him around so it's kinda nice to be here alone for a change.  I can redecorate without him questioning my choices, I can watch makeup videos on YouTube and not get picked on, I can paint my nails without him sighing and saying "didn't you just paint your nails last week?", I can workout to a Denise Austin Yoga DVD without his probing eyes watching my every awkward move...it will be a great day!

Adding to the greatness that is this day is this little nugget...I finally got a call about an interview for a job I applied for back in December.  (Apparently it took awhile for them to sift through all the resumes?)  Anyway, I have an interview later this week for a job that is not so different from the one I'm currently in (however, the reason I hate my job is most definitely my boss so anything away from him would be a step up), except it would be part-time and there would be a definite salary advantage.  I have been waiting for something that could possibly take me away from my current job for two years now, and I really and truly hope that this is my chance.  With this part-time job I could go back to school to advance my degree (or completely change it if I wanted to) while still being able to pay my husband's student loans, which is currently the only thing my income is being used for.  The benefits would be better, and I am absolutely certain the leadership in the office would be better.  I'm just trying not to set myself up for disappointment...

I have told my husband a hundred and a half times that if God has a plan for you there is nothing that you can possibly do to screw it up...so, if I listen to myself, I know that when I go into that interview, if His plan is for me to FINALLY get a new job then there is nothing that I can say in that interview that will completely ruin my chances (unless I go completely insane and start babbling about farts, butt cracks, and boobies).  However, what if this ISN'T His plan for me?  What if I'm barking up the wrong tree and I end up spending two more years working in this place that I cannot stand? 

I have been extraordinarily patient when it comes to finding a new job.  I have been rejected from even getting an interview more times that I can count, and yet I have kept applying.  There have been moments when I wanted to give up and just resign myself to the fact that I would just have to continue to work where I am until David and I move away, but I never gave up trying.  I believe that God has a reason for placing me where I am, and if I that's where I need to stay, I'll stay.  But I can't help but hope that there is something else out there for me, and that the something else comes by way of this job possibility.

So, if anyone does actually read this, please pray for me on Friday.  Pray that I will either get this job, or that I will have the grace and the strength to accept the fact that my work at the old one just isn't finished yet.

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be praying for you, Val! But I would love to hear how you could work farts, butt cracks, or boobies into an optometry conversation. haha

    I'm proud of you for your patience! I know exactly how you feel. I have every cover letter I've written over the last year saved on my desktop and there are well over 30. I'm so sick of getting my hopes up only to get them dashed by being told no after a lengthy interview process or not getting a call back at all (even when I know I'm perfectly qualified).

    You have the right attitude and God WILL provide your needs. You work in a very negative environment and I know God wants better for you (hopefully sooner rather than later)!

    ReplyDelete