Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Let's play catch up...

So here's a brief update on my life since my last post...

David and I had a nice Valentine's Day...we were both finally healthy enough to leave the house after 2 weeks of quarantining ourselves from the rest of the world.  We originally wanted to go somewhere a little more fancy for our Valentine's day lunch, but two things held us back...1) Every nice restaurant nearby had a special Valentine's menu that included oysters, which I understand is supposed to be an aphrodisiac but makes David and I want to vomit (not romantic) and 2) we are still broke from buying Christmas presents and having to do major repairs to both of our cars in the past 2 months.  So we ate a DELICIOUS meal at P.F. Chang's instead.  I love that restaurant, it has the BEST egg drop soup I've ever tasted and the fried green beans are to die for.  Also because of the brokeness, we didn't buy each other big gifts this year.  So I designed and purchased a photo book of David's marathon for him, and he bought me an assortment of my favorite chocolates and a book of Sudoku puzzles.  Funny story about the Sudoku puzzles, a few days earlier I was complaining that my job wasn't mentally challenging and I felt like I was getting more stupider every day as a result...to which David replied, "actually the grammatically correct thing to say is 'more stupid'"...to which I stuck my tongue out at him and then said "maybe I need to start doing Sudoku puzzles to exercise my brain".  Hence the thoughtful gift...

My puppy Gambit turned two, and we took him to a dog park where he proceeded to hump every dog that would let him get close enough.  We have taken him to the dog park several times, and this is the first time we've had this problem with him.  It got so bad that at one point we walked away, pretending that we didn't know who's dog THAT was.  But he had fun and was completely wiped out for the rest of the day which was good because usually our dog is super energetic and wants to play all the time, which is just exhausting.

I started doing Zumba.  I have always been curious about it, and have been invited to come to a class several times, but $5 a class is just a little steep and I was afraid I would like it enough to spend waaaaay too much money.  So when my church started offering classes for free I was so there!  So I've Zumbaed (can that be used as a verb?) three times now.  And it's awesome.  The first night I felt so white, trying to move my hips and my feet at the same time like the Latin women on the DVD did.  But I was not the most uncoordinated one there, so that was comforting.  That and there was a 71 year old woman who must have thought that Zumba was a Bible study of some kind, because she showed up in a sweater and khakis...she hasn't been back since.  Anyhoo, I danced tap and ballet for like 10 years so I picked up the moves pretty quickly, and by night two I was feeling confident enough to stand in the front row and shake my booty to the music.  By night three, the girl who is going to be the instructor (once she gets her certification next month) asked me to stand up in front of the class with her because I was really "dance-y" and she was too nervous to teach the group alone.  Sah-weet...the kid's still got it!

And my job...well I still hate it and what little respect I have left for my boss he grinds away at a little each day.

So that about covers all of the recent events of my life to this point.  It feels good to be all caught up!

So...I don't know how to end this, so I'll go the traditional route...

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment