Sunday, February 6, 2011

Influenza

So I've already gone a whole week without blogging and there is a reason behind it...it's not that I'm giving up on this New Year's resolution after only a week (although I now realize that I never did post the rest of my resolutions so anyone who might stumble upon this blog won't even know that I promised myself that I would write more this year).  It's that my hubby has been sick with the flu, and I have been busy being an optical technician by day and Super-Wife at night.  And let me tell you, this gig is exhausting...one night I scoured the whole county in search of soy sauce in order to prepare what David decided was his favorite comfort food, chicken fried rice (and when I say scoured the county I mean that the first store I went to didn't have it and I had to drive like 3 miles to another one...it was just annoying).

Anyways, having David so incredibly sick and unable to go to work or do any of the other things he normally does during the week helped me to realize just how much he DOES during the week.  Let's be honest, I have it really awesome.  He is not opposed to doing housework (cleaning is cathartic for him), we take turns cooking and cleaning up, we always do the grocery shopping together (because if I went by myself I'd fill the cart with chocolate, and if he went by himself he'd fill the cart with Doritos) and he doesn't even mind folding the laundry when it comes out of the dryer.  And these are all things I had to handle by myself this week, in addition to my 40 hours a week job.  It's been exhausting.  We're a team, and when we work together as a team we get things done in no time with about half the exhaustion...how many wives can truly say that about their husbands? 

If we lived in a what we have discussed would be a "perfect world" I wouldn't have to work and would be more than happy to make my home my job...but unfortunately we're not there yet.

I am so blessed to have found a man like him, and I am so glad that he is finally starting to feel a little better because to be honest I don't think Super-Wife could make it through another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment